Will reopen later in 2017 again.
All authors are welcome – newbies & experienced.
Are you ready for the chance to be an award-winning author or multi-award winning author?
Entry fee is $25.00
All entrants receive the following:
- A 250-350 word critique of your book, which you can use/post wherever you like simply by adding “Originally critiqued by the staff of Authors Talk About It for Book Award Contest”
Those earning 3-5 Stars in their critique receive:
- The above and…
- Are included in the featured 2017 Romance Novel Contest entries page on Authors Talk About It
Those earning 4-5 Stars in their critique receive:
- The above and…
- Promotion across our combined social media of 40K+
- Digital Badge for 4-5 Stars
**Those earning less than 3 Stars in their critique:
- These critiques are emailed only to the author with helpful feedback and are not posted in a featured post or on the entiress page nor are they promoted via our social media.
Who/what can enter:
- Authors 18 years of age or older
- Published and unpublished books, manuscripts and ebooks are accepted
- Books must fit into romance category. All forms of romance are acceptable (except erotica): traditional, LBGT, historical, paranormal, teen, etc.
Grand Prize – $997 value
- A mini Author VIP Day with Rob and Janelle (virtually or in-person) (3 hour session instead of 6 hours)
- Promotion across our combined social media of 40K+ throughout 2017
- Featured on homepage February 14, 2017 through March 14, 2017
- Featured on sidebar through February 14, 2017 through March 14, 2017
- Audio promo on podcast 4x between February 14, 2017 and March 14, 2017
- Announcement during winners showcase on podcast on February 14, 2017
- Additional interview as Grand Prize Romance Novel Contest Winner 2017
- Listed in featured post as ATAI Romance Novel Contest Grand Prize Winner 2017
- Badge as ATAI Romance Novel Contest Grand Prize Winner 2017
- Promotion across our combined social media of 40K+ for 2 months
- Featured post of Honorary Mentions on site
- Badge as ATAI Book Award Contest Honorary Mention
- Announced during winners showcase on podcast
Entry fee is $25.00
Submissions Deadline: January 15, 2017
Finalists announced: February 7, 2017
Winners announced: February 14, 2017
**Finalists and winners are notified via the email they entered with as well as in a featured blog post on ATAI and on a special podcast on those days.
How to submit your book (If for any reason you can’t get Paypal to open, send an email to AuthorsTalkAboutIt.com or message us via our Facebook page and we’ll connect with you to take your card number directly.) Upon payment you’ll be taken to a page that tells you how to submit your book. It will need to be in a digital format – pdf, doc, docx, or sent as an Amazon gift.
Reviews and Judging
Books are assigned to Authors Talk About It staff and the critique and area ratings and overall number of stars will be emailed to the author (or representative) within 4-6 weeks after submission. Ratings range from 2-5 stars. Anything less than 3 stars is written as a critique with helpful comments as well as pointing out the positives of the book. Though we do not give 1 star ratings, the critques are honest and when necessary, are meant to offer constructive criticism.
Star ratings are based on the following areas:
- Appearance – cover, chapter headings, images/illustrations, etc.
- Plot/Concept – consistent tone, clear theme, etc.
- Development – realism, smooth progression, organization, etc.
- Description of Scenes or Concepts – vividness, smooth transitions, etc.
- Grammar/Typos – well written or numerous errors
- Target Fit – good fit for the target audience
- Overall – an average of the above 6 areas
The staff of Authors Talk About It will select three finalists. They will then make a final decision on winners after comparing the ratings in the six main areas and the overall ratings.
What are you waiting for? Enter NOW!
Good Luck. Our team is looking forward to reading your books!