The deadline for this contest has passed.
Open for new submissions July 15, 2017.
See finalists by clicking here.
See 2016 Horror Novel Contest Winner by clicking here.
All authors are welcome – newbies & experienced.
Are you ready for the chance to be an award-winning author or multi-award winning author?
All entrants receive the following:
- A 250-350 word critique of your book, which you can use/post wherever you like simply by adding “Originally critiqued by the staff of Authors Talk About It for Book Award Contest”
Those earning 3-5 Stars in their critique receive:
- The above and…
- Are included in the featured 2016 Horror Novel Contest entries page on Authors Talk About It
Those earning 4-5 Stars in their critique receive:
- The above and…
- Promotion across our combined social media of 40K+
- Digital Badge for 4-5 Stars
**Those earning less than 3 Stars in their critique:
- These are sent only via email with helpful feedback and are not posted in a featured post or on the entriess page nor are they promoted via our social media.
Who/what can enter:
- Authors 18 years of age or older
- Published and unpublished books, manuscripts and ebooks are accepted
- Books must fit into horror genre. No violently graphic book covers.
Grand Prize – $997 value
- A mini Author VIP Day with Rob and Janelle (virtually or in-person) (3 hour session instead of 6 hours)
- Promotion across our combined social media of 40K+ throughout fall of 2017
- Featured on homepage October 25, 2016 through November 25, 2016
- Featured on sidebar through October 25, 2016 through November 25, 2016
- Audio promo on podcast 4x between October 25, 2016 and November 25, 2016
- Announcement during winners showcase on podcast on October 25, 2016
- Interview as Grand Prize Horror Novel Contest Winner 2016
- Listed in featured post as ATAI Horror Novel Contest Grand Prize Winner 2016
- Badge as ATAI Horror Novel Contest Grand Prize Winner 2016
- Promotion across our combined social media of 40K+ for 2 months
- Featured post of Honorable Mentions on site
- Badge as ATAI Book Award Contest Honorable Mention
- Announced during winners showcase on podcast
Entry fee is $25.00
Submissions Deadline: September 30, 2016
Finalists announced: October 18, 2016
Winners announced: October 25, 2016
**Finalists and winners are notified via the email they entered with as well as in a featured blog post on ATAI and on a special podcast on those days.
How to submit your book (If for any reason you can’t get Paypal to open, send an email to AuthorsTalkAboutIt.com or message us via our Facebook page and we’ll connect with you to take your card number directly.) Upon payment you’ll be taken to a page that tells you how to submit your book. It will need to be in a digital format – pdf, doc, docx, or sent as an Amazon gift.
Reviews and Judging
Books are assigned to Authors Talk About It staff and the critique and area ratings and overall number of stars will be emailed to the author (or representative) within 4-6 weeks after submission. Ratings range from 2-5 stars. Anything less than 3 stars is emailed only to the author with helpful comments as well as pointing out the positives of the book. Though we do not give 1 star ratings, the critiquess are honest and when necessary, are meant to offer constructive criticism.
Star ratings are based on the following areas:
- Appearance – cover, chapter headings, images/illustrations, etc.
- Plot/Concept – consistent tone, clear theme, etc.
- Development – realism, smooth progression, organization, etc.
- Description of Scenes or Concepts – vividness, smooth transitions, etc.
- Grammar/Typos – well written or numerous errors
- Target Fit – good fit for the target audience
- Overall – an average of the above 6 areas
The staff of Authors Talk About It will select three finalists. They will then make a final decision on winners after comparing the ratings in the six main areas and the overall ratings.
What are you waiting for? Enter NOW!
Good Luck. Our team is looking forward to reading your books!